This position is based in our Peterborough studio providing support to all our offices.
Key responsibilities include:
Finance administration duties:
- Entering suppliers and customers invoices into the accounting system
- Producing customer invoices and monthly distribution
- Producing a weekly payment run and making payments to suppliers
- raise and issue purchase order numbers
- Reconcile purchase orders with invoices and obtain approval for any discrepancies
- Reconcile payments to invoices and enter within accounts
- Reconcile company bank account and updating cash flow forecasts
- Monitoring and reconciling petty cash
- Processing company card receipts
- Use Xero to create aged creditors list
- Issue regular statements to customers and chase payments systematically
- Ensure timesheets are completed each week for employees
- Record and report on WIP data taken from timesheet and staff costs
- Collect, sort and obtain approval for staff expenses.
- Allocate nominal codes and department codes.
- Place orders with suppliers as directed by other staff
- Follow up suppliers and report on the progress of purchase orders
- Handling and distributing post
- Managing the companies general email account and distributing to appropriate staff
- Completing suppliers credit account application forms
- Completing financial aspects of tender/bid and other documentation
- Producing financial reports and updating financial spreadsheets as required
- Producing monthly profit and loss report and MI for the Board and Bank
- Submitting Quarterly VAT Returns
- Liaising with the Finance and Office Manager regularly
Other administrative duties:
- Answer all incoming calls and pass to the office staff
- Introduce guests and visitors to the company
- Administrative duties to assist Architectural staff (i.e. letter writing, reports, data input etc)
- Creating new job files and allocating job numbers
The successful candidate:
- Have gained a min. AAT Level 2 Qualification or equivalent and 2 years post qualification experience working in office / finance – AAT Level 3 would be advantageous
- Min 2 years office administration / finance experience.
- You will be happy to work independently within an office environment of Architectural / Technical staff.
- Be personable with excellent telephone manner
- Be well organised and able to work on your own initiative and self-motivated
- Have previous experience of bookkeeping
- Be able to use Excel, Outlook and word effectively
- Be able to effectively prioritise and manage a varied workload
- Be comfortable working and communicating with individuals at all levels of the business
- Experience of using Xero Accounting Software would be advantageous but is not essential
In return you will be an integral, valued part of our team with benefits including:
- 22 days leave + 8 Statutory days (increasing based on length of service)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual appraisal system to generate development programmes for all members of staff
Starting salary £20,000 - £23,000 (negotiable dependent on experience). Salary will be reviewed at the end of the 6 month probation period.
Please email a copy of your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
All interviews and subsequent employment will be carried out in line with government guidance on social distancing.
Jefferson Sheard Limited are an equal opportunities employer.